Photo: Greg Dini

Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10

Had a very tough day on the East Branch in Brewster NY today. We ended up moving a good fish just before dark, but missed the hook set. Bug activity was as quiet as it has been in past week. That being said the river usually has less flies on it then some of the CT stretches we have been hunting this week. Either way we fished hard and worked for the short lived hook up. Still, it was a beautiful site seeing a big brown shake its head five feet under. Got my rain gage outside right now. Should be interesting to see how much precipitation we will be getting in the next 24.   Three days and counting till I am back in Caribbean for rest of winter. Until then I am looking to trout set one last time for the winter!

Since I got the skunk today I thought I'd put up a classic quote from A River Runs Through It,
"If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." 

No comments:

Post a Comment