Photo: Greg Dini

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Day Report

An epic day on Thanksgiving. Went to the Saugatuck in hopes of a searun brown. Instead I hooked my first ever CT steelhead in brackish water! I was swinging the same fly tied below for the Salmon. I also hooked up in fresh water a beautiful native tiger trout. Will get pics up second I get a new camera usb cord. Tied up an interesting pattern for these sea run brownies, a pattern that just might imitate a sea lamprey. Check out the stinger fly and the two purple bucktails. This is to imitate a lampreys arching back as it moves through the water. Youtube sea lamprey swimming and you'll see what I mean. 
Heading to Naugatuck in the morning to best my salmon of last week, see you out there! 
tight lines

No comments:

Post a Comment